Logmein is a versatile service that allows you to remotely control your office or home pc/mac. But it is the logmein app that truly makes this service useful. If you are looking for an easy to use remote desktop app this is a perfect app. The app has many nice features:
- Easily control your computer using your ipad
- Handles multiple monitors with ease
- Split screen mode that allows for multitasking (requires multiple monitors)
- Ability to hold down keys such as shift and alt enabling use of keyboard shortcuts
- Interact with your office computer using your finger as the mouse
- Ability to poweron your computer remotely (ideal for traveling)
- Control multiple computers from within the app (i.e. work or home)
How to use the app
1. Go to logmein.com and signup for a free account
2. install the logmein client from the website on to the computer you wish to remotely control
3. Purchase the logmein ignition app from the app store on your iPad
4. Setup the computer you wish to control so that it does not hibernate from inactivity. Otherwise the computer will be unavailable when attempting to connect to it using your iPad.
5. Open the logmein app and sign in to the app using your free account username/password.
Here is the link for the logmein website: http://logmein.com/